The Succession Wars Mod
(Total Conversion, ENG)
The Succession Wars Mod - it's total convertion of Heroes of Might and Magic 3, replaced graphics, creatures and objects from Heroes of Might and Magic 2 to HoMM3 core with addition new content.
Started at years 2007-2008 under the guidance of ShinKalu (CHL), mod in active development, gradually acquires omnifarious innovations and improvements. At this moment, team coordinates painter Orzie (RUS)
Available version (beta) The Succession Wars Mod includes:
- 6 original castles HoMM2 (Knight, Barbarian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Warlock, Necromancer)
- 1 recreated castle HoMM3 (Witch or "Swamp", in developing castle Inferno)
- 1 fully new castle, mostly placed neutral creatures from HoMM2 (nomad)
- Full seven-layer bestiary for each castle
- 15 new creatures, drawn from scratch + 15 upgrades for them
- 20 upgraded creatures forms, without any form in Heroes of Might and Magic II + third upgrade for Golems and Dragons
- Composite map objects HoMM2 and HoMM3 (Warriors Grave, School of War and other)
- Game interfaces, in "HoMM2: The Succession Wars" style
- And many others.
Final version: 2.58f beta, english (219,8 Mb - 7zip self-extract archive)
Watch Video (english, on youtube.com)
or read below
For this mod you need the latest version of ERA mod engine (which can be found at this page on our site or at own topic heroescommunity).
1. At first, install ERA over clean SoD or Complete Edition of Heroes of Might and Magic 3.
In your clean SoD ( Shadow of Death ) or Heroes Complete folder, place zipped file in the \mods folder, unzip, and it should extract a folder called 1 H2 Succession Wars. ( Do not rename the file. )
2. Next, in the tools folder created by ERA open Mod Manager folder and run 'modsmann.exe' to enable the mod.
3. You must disable all other mods apart from WoG which should be placed below 1 H2 Succession Wars Mod. Complete screenshot.
4. Run h3era go to 'New Game' and press 'Options' button. Move to the bottom, and in 'Custom Scripts' you can see options made specifically for this mod. Make sure that the option 'Necessary Succession Wars Mod Script' is checked. The other options in Custom Scripts choose for your vision.
P.S. Do not choose castle "Heretic", because it's under construction yet.
Official site (ENG, rare updates)
Working forum (ENG)
Vkontakte group (RUS)